Sunday, February 13, 2011

2nd Week of Training

Log for Week of Feb 7- Feb 13

Monday- I did a 40 minute Yoga workout to help stretch out the soreness from the previous day of our 10 mile run in New Braunfels.

Tuesday - Chest and Back Strength Training....P90X Ab Ripper X....finished off with a 3 mile treadmill run.

Wednesday - I went to TNT practice tonight at Clemens HS and man was it cold. It was 32 degrees but had a great turnout with about 15 brave soles turning out. We began learning some fundamentals to running and learning to try to take 180 steps per minute. The closet I got was 168.

Thursday - Went to the gym and did a shoulder, triceps, and biceps workout.

Friday - Rest Day!!!!

Saturday - 2nd weekend practice went great. We did a timed 3 mile run to do better training in the future based off of our projected pace. Finished a 3 mile run in 29:02. Everyone finished strong and there were a lot of new people that joined our team today. After practice, 6 of us that are also training for other races in the near future did an additional 5 mile run. I mapped out the course and did not realize what I had done...hills, hills, hills.....and more hills. Everyone paced together and I can feel myself getting stronger and able to run further without as much fatigue.

Sunday - Ab Workout and Yoga!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment